Thursday, July 26, 2012

Spicy Chicken Avocado Enchiladas

I want to start out this post by letting y'all know that I LOVE avocados, so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I knew I HAD to make it. I followed her advice to keep the recipe as spicy as its name by leaving in the seeds from the Serrano pepper and using medium salsa verde. The enchiladas were the perfect degree of spicy. I did change her recipe a wee bit. I also LOVE garlic, so instead of two cloves I used six.... Whoops. I also used wheat flour tortillas instead of white to attempt to make this recipe somewhat healthier (it's impossible). Her bake time is pretty broad, I ended up leaving them in the oven for 19 minutes. Next time I think I will leave them in for around 22 minutes to make the tortillas crispier. I would also add salt and pepper to each individual tortilla before you roll it up and I would cook the chicken with lime juice to add an extra zesty flavor! Overall, these were super delicious!!


Ways I altered the recipe:
- 6 cloves of garlic instead of 2
- wheat flour tortillas instead of white

Things I would change for next time:
- longer cook time 22minutes instead of 19minutes
- individually salt and pepper each tortilla before its rolled up
- cook the chicken in lime juice
- not use so much cheese

[Filling each torilla]
[All rolled up]
[YUM]

I'd love to hear ideas y'all have to make these enchiladas different!
Hope y'all have an amazing Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment