Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Baked Chicken Milanese with Arugula and Tomatoes


I love meals that leave me unbelievably satisfied without feeling bloated and unhealthy. I found this recipe on my new favorite food blog, Gina's Skinny Recipes, and it does both of those things! I'm a huge fan of chicken so this recipe is right up my alley. Normally, I wouldn't go near breaded chicken though because it often adds a bunch of unnecessary calories but this recipe, with its 250 calories per serving, is perfect and healthy! However, what first caught my eye about this recipe wasn't the calories, it was the tomato, onion, and balsamic vinegar mixture {I'M IN LOVE}. I also knew Tom would love the breaded chicken so I was sold.

Ways I changed the recipe:
- I didn't put basil in the tomato/onion mixture because I forgot it in the fridge at work.... The recipe turned out great without it but I will definitely use it next time because basil adds a nice surprise to veggies
- I added garlic to the tomato/onion mixture because what recipe doesn't call for garlic?!
- That's all folks! Shocker right? I usually change recipes a lot more than this.... :)

Oh and did I mention how easy this recipe was?! SO EASY! Picture time! Enjoy!












As always let me know y'alls thoughts!! Tonight's dinner is Shepherd's Pie! Stay tuned and hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment