Friday, September 28, 2012

Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana

 As y'all know I've been on a low calorie diet for the last couple months and its been great!! That being said, there are somethings I miss so so so much, like cheese! This chicken rollatini recipe incorporates lots of cheese {parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta} but still manages to remain low calorie. Each piece of chicken, cheese and all, is only 194 calories! I followed this recipe exactly except for two things. First, I seasoned the chicken with garlic powder, along with the directed salt and pepper before I added the spinach ricotta spread. Second, I used shredded mozzarella atop of the chicken because I already had it and I didn't want to spend more money on sliced mozzarella.... Oh and as for the marinara sauce I used Bertolli Vineyard Marinara with Burgundy Wine. Here are some pictures!













I finished this meal off with steamed asparagus! Now, up until a couple weeks ago Tom wouldn't touch asparagus.... However, his friend and business partner Sam, fellow amazing cook, made him try it and he liked it!!! I was so excited about this news because asparagus is one of my favorite veggies and I could never cook it..... Now I can!! Hope y'all enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment