Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Transition Time

Yesterday I woke up and it was 50 degrees outside, buuurrrrr. Not that 50 is cold for Michigan but it was like 90 last week {and all my apartment windows were open}! The weather change made it actually sink in that it's almost Fall!! I love Fall clothing; it's so structured with rich colors and textures, however, I do always miss my bright fun summer clothes. Over the last two years of living in Michigan I have come up with a few tricks to transition my summer (and Louisiana/Texas) clothes to Fall/Winter ones. Here are a few of my favorites.

1. Skirts and dresses with sweaters and belts:
[Taken from here]































This is one of my favorite looks because I love love love skirts and dresses! Living in the south you can wear them year round but in Michigan it becomes more difficult. When it gets super cold I just add leggings!

2. Shorts with knee high boots {with or without tights and/or knee highs}:
[Taken from here]































I actually wear this combo all times of the year {as seen here} but to make it Fall/Winter appropriate I add tights! 

3. Shorts with ankle booties plus tights {and lots of leather ;)}:
[Taken from here]































Leather and ankle booties are essential for Fall!
 
4. Scarves, scarves, and more scarves:
 
This skull scarf is so cool and unique! Only $45 from Top Shop.

 5. Boots with knee highs or leg warmers:
[Taken from here]
Check out this Etsy shop for some cool homemade boot cuffs that resemble leg warmers!

I'd love to hear what y'all do to transition summer clothes for the rest of the year! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment