Saturday, August 11, 2012

Creamy Chicken Penne

About a year ago I started to enjoy cooking {and actually cook} for the first time in my entire life. Before that I seriously knew how to cook like three things: mac n' cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches and scrambled eggs {which I had to call my sister when I was 19 to learn how to cook}. Sad right? This past Christmas I think my mom finally thought I was interested enough in cooking to buy me cookbooks and fun cooking stuff! She gave me this adorable mini pasta cookbook and it has some amazing recipes that are fun to cook! This recipe is one of the easier recipes. Soon I will cook one of the recipes that involve salmon or scallops which are a little more challenging but even more delicious!! Now I'm no pasta expert like my friend Holly at Sugar-Coated Sunshine but I think this one turned out great! Like always I changed the recipe, this time it was mainly because I didn't want to go to the grocery store again....

Ways I changed the recipe:
1. 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of 2 chicken breasts
2. I use lowfat half n' half in my coffee so I substituted that in for the heavy cream {though the half n' half has WAY less calories, I would use the heavy cream next time to get a creamier sauce}
3. Instead of peas I added one red bell pepper, one half of a red onion and some baby bella mushrooms

[I love peppers and onions]

[Yummy multigrain pasta]
[Chicken cooked in extra virgin olive oil and minced fresh garlic]
[Ate this while sipping on some red rose wine: SO GOOD]

Overall, this pasta dish was super yummy plus really quick and easy to make! Would definitely make it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment