Thursday, August 2, 2012

Avocado Chicken Salad

Today I was wandering around Pinterest and I found a picture of avocado chicken salad, however, there was no recipe for it. I really wanted to make this, especially because I already had chicken and avocados {from my Spicy Chicken Avocado Enchiladas} so I decided to just make up my own recipe!

Ingredients: 
- six chicken tenderloins
- one tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- two cloves garlic
- one half cup lime juice? {I didn't really measure how much I used... whoops}
- three avocados
- two bunches green onions

Directions:
1. place a medium-sized frying pan on the burner with medium-high heat
2. pour the olive oil on the pan, let it warm up then pour in half of the lime juice and the minced garlic
3. salt and pepper the tenderloins on a separate plate then move over to the pan
4. cook chicken on each side for about 4-5 minutes
5. remove chicken from pan cut into smaller pieces then put back on the pan and let cook for around 5 more minutes
6. remove chicken from heat and then shred it
7. cut avocados into small squares then using a mincer; mince up the avocado and the remaining lime juice until it is paste-like
8. slice green onions
9. mix all ingredient together in a large bowl and serve!

I ate mine in a mini tortilla but you could obviously eat this with bread or even chips!!

[I love avocados]































No comments:

Post a Comment