Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Grilled Shrimp Pasta Salad in Parmesan-Garlic Dressing

If you know me at all then you definitely know that I LOVE EVERYTHING SEAFOOD. If I could afford it I would honestly eat fish or shell fish for every meal every day. Funny thing though, I've never actually cooked seafood.... I grew up in a house hold where I'm pretty sure we had seafood at least 3 nights a week. Tom calls me a seafood snob because I'm so picky about eating "good seafood," which is probably why I've never tried my hand at cooking it. Yesterday afternoon I decided that today was the day. I wanted to start with shrimp because seriously how can you mess up shrimp?! It's honestly almost impossible to mess up.

I found The Cozy Apron Blog on Pinterest a while back and have been following ever since. She posts new recipes once or twice a week with adorable poems and/or stories; it is seriously so cute {you should go check it out}. Anyways, she posted this recipe back in July and I've been waiting for the right time to try it. The recipe turned out AMAZING and really really simple which is an added bonus. As always, here are the things I changed.

Ways I altered the recipe:
- 1.5 pounds of large shrimp instead of 1 pound of medium sized shrimp {because Tom and I love shrimp, duh; plus it was on sale at Kroger}
- I used two red tomatoes for ganish instead of one red and one yellow {I couldn't find a yellow tomato}
- 6 cups of mixed greens instead of 4 cups
- 12oz of penne instead of 16oz {16 oz is A LOT of pasta}
- In regards to the dressing: I only used 1/4 cup of olive oil instead of 1/3 cup, 2 tbsp of lemon zest instead of only 1 tbsp, and 5 cloves of garlic instead of 3 {real shocker there}

Serves 6-8 depending on bowl size!
6 servings = about 450 calories per bowl
8 servings = about 340 calories per bowl
Over all pretty healthy!!

Woohoo for Wednesday and 3 days until football!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment